Express Entry is a new and exciting approach to immigration, and it is based on a Human Capital Model. Your age, education, language skills, professional work experience, and many other factors will be examined, and each criterion will be given a ranking score.
It is really important to remember that this is not a new way of qualifying to immigrate. You still need to qualify in one of the main categories. It is however a new process for stepping forward, and being seen by IRCC. It is more critical now than ever to have professional guidance in putting your best foot forward, and knowing all of the criteria from the beginning.
- No occupations list for the first time in over 6 years!
- Once the Express Entry Profile is successfully submitted, IRCC will select candidates using the Comprehensive Ranking System, and if chosen you will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA)
- Candidates will have only 90 days to apply for Permanent Residence after receiving an ITA. You must be ready to go when called on!
- Candidates can improve their scores by registering on the Job Bank with Service Canada, and having a job offer with a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA – LMO
- Employers will be able to search your profile via the Job Bank, and if they offer you work through Job Matching, and get an LMIA for you, you will receive an Invitation to Apply
- Misrepresentation – even accidentally misstating your qualifications or other error, will result in an applicant being banned for five years from applying again
If you would like to know how you rank in the Express Entry Program, contact us.